In my 19 Makeup Products of 2019 post there was so much left to say, that I decided to make a dedicated one with the rest of my random thoughts and reflections on the past year, makeup wise. Turns out my thoughts could be expressed in bullet points, and I ended up with what looks like a makeup tag. So I decided to turn it into a makeup tag.
- Most coveted (by me) limited edition collection that I couldn’t get my hands on: Too Faced x Erika Jayne Pretty Mess collection. I know, I know, the products were nothing new, but I liked the aesthetic of the collection and I love Erika’s “not a single f*ck is given” attitude. I also found hilarious when people turned their nose on the “Pat the Puss” body shimmer ’cause of the raunchy name, while wearing a blush called “Orgasm” or “Deep Throat” on their cheeks.
- Brand(s) that I’ve tried for the first time in 2019: Natasha Denona, Jouer and Fenty Beauty. Ain’t I bougie. I also got my only Pat McGrath product the past year but haven’t actually tried it in 2019.
- Most entertaining controversy/drama/news in makeup: the Tati Westbrook and James Charles breakup. Makeup youtubers’ drama is better than reality trash TV – less scripted. Great to empty out a stressed brain. It’s soo unimportant and soo entertaining.
- Great product that everyone else already knew about but I only discovered in 2019: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer. OMG why did it take me so long to get it?? The best concealer I’ve ever tried. By. FAR. Actually, the only one I consider good, really good. It’ll be a pain to use up the other concealers I have.
- Most disappointing product tried in 2019: Too Faced Born This Way Foundation. I had high hopes for this. How couldn’t I? It was raved about, it was full coverage, it was named after a Gaga song – and it was crap.
- Best limited edition collection of 2019: MAC Holiday Collection, hands down. Actually, hands up, ’cause it robbed me. I got so much stuff and so much poorer from that collection.
- Best limited edition product to come out in 2019: Anastasia x Jackie Aina palette. ‘Nough said.
- Most used Blush (not necessarily best of the year): MAC Fairly Precious Extra Dimension Blush. MAC’s blushes are some of the best out there, but the Extra Dimension formula is really next level. This shade is very easy to wear and eradicates the need for a highlighter. Have I mentioned I love the Extra Dimension formula? I love the Extra Dimension formula.
- Most used eyeshadow palette (not necessarily best of the year): Natasha Denona Sunset Palette. I tend to wear warm shades. And the quality is top notch.
- Most used lipstick (not necessarily best of the year): Guerlain Le Petit Robe Noire in Red Bow Tie. The lowest maintenance red lipstick I ever found.
I’m always hesitant about naming specific people for tags because they might not be into it/like the tag/do tag posts at all. This is supposed to be fun and not a chore. So with the disclaimer that the person I’m tagging is ok to ignore this if they don’t feel like doing it, and because I’m encouraging anyone interested in makeup to check out her blog anyway ’cause she’s awesome, I’m tagging Peculiar Belgian, a lovely and gorgeous blogger with inspiring makeup looks and great reviews (indie brands are well represented on her blog)!
If anyone out there decides to do this tag, will you please let me know? Pretty please? I would looove to read your answers!