Here we go, another round of this tag I made up and nobody asked for.
- Most coveted (by me) limited edition collection that I couldn’t get my hands on: there aren’t many, because this year I really indulged – I think I broke a personal record. I went broke, is what I’m trying to say. If I have to pick something (I don’t, this is my tag, I make up the rules) then it would be the Child palette from Colourpop.
- Brand(s) that I’ve tried for the first time in 2020: So. Damn. Many. Ciaté, Roen, 3ina, Revolution, RCMA, It Cosmetics, Kaleidos, Lethal Cosmetics, Colourpop, Pixi, Iconic London, Tarte, Charlotte Tilbury, Chantecaille, Giorgio Armani, Christian Louboutin (yep, it got boujee), By Terry, Pat McGrath, Tom Ford, Viseart (real boujee).
- Most entertaining controversy/drama/news in the beauty community: the Tati/Shane/Jeffree Karmageddon (who ever came up with this name, I love you) was very entertaining, but the anti-MLM content on youtube this year takes the cake – I started by watching Kiki Chanel but münecat made my favourite videos.
- Great product that everyone else already knew about but I only discovered in 2019: YSL Touche Eclát. A concealer, just like last year. I need to trust the masses when it comes to concealer. And I haven’t tried Tarte Shape Tape yet.
- Most disappointing product tried in 2020: Chanel Loose Powder. Just- no. This was just like the Coty powder (that a lot of people actually love – I don’t), which makes me wonder if they’re not exactly the same product because they’re owned by the same company. It’s heavy, cakey, and makes me look dry.
- Best limited edition collection of 2020: MAC Lunar New Year 2020. Oh my, that packaging. I wasn’t able to get the highlighter, but the blush and a lipstick – not only am I delighted I got my hands on those pretties, I’m elated those pretties were on sale!
- Best limited edition product to come out in 2020: Pat McGrath Celestial Divinity palette. Best palette of the year. If you’ve never tried Pat McGrath’s formula, this is the one to get.
- Most used Blush (not necessarily best of the year): Clinique Blush Pop blushes. I got even more during Christmas – they’re so good.
- Most used eyeshadow palette (not necessarily best of the year): Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box. It’s been discontinued, don’t go looking for it. No, seriously – don’t go looking
because you’ll find out how old this thing is and I’ll be embarrassed. Anyway, the reason it was the most used was because it’s the oldest palette I have and I wanted to hit pan on a few eyeshadows before retiring it. Haven’t been successful yet.
- Most used lipstick (not necessarily best of the year): This year I fell back in love with YSL lipsticks – I tried a Tatouage Liquid Matte lipstick back in January and really loved it. However, because we have to use masks every time we go outside, what I ended up using the most was a liquid lipstick from Sleek’s Matte Me line in the shade Bittersweet that was completely transfer proof (unlike the YSL, which are just transfer resistant).