We couldn’t have a full week of posts in this blog witout me getting a little rant-y, could we? Let’s talk about crap.
Makeup Tag Week is a series of posts of my answers to popular makeup tags spanning one week, one tag a day. Why? ‘Cause whenever I see someone else do tags I end up wasting waaaaay too much time trying to answer them for myself, and I thought I would give a better end use to my procrastination excuse.
1. A foundation finish you don’t like? Very dewy. If I don’t set that ish with powder the foundation will have run down to my knees in an hour.
2. The worst mascara you have ever tried? A limited edition one by Kiko, that did absolutely nothing and I threw out a while ago. Surprised me since Kiko actually has good mascaras – one of my all time favorites is the Extra Sculpt Volume mascara.
3. One thing you tried once and then thrown away? The Dr. Brandt BB Cream with signature Flexitone (talked about here). I don’t think I actually ever put it on my face. That thing looked like it could give me a chemical burn.
4. The most boring eyeshadow palette you own? I’ll have to go with Urban Decay’s Naked 2 – even though I love it, I reckon is a bunch of neutral, close to gray eyeshadows.
5. A makeup trend you think is boring and want to go away? Something that bores me in Youtube tutorials is the contouring with 35+ different products: creams, and sticks, and then foundations, and then repeating the process with powders…. We all know I’m never gonna learn to contour anyway, so might as well not waste so much time on this.
6. The worst liquid lipstick you have tried? Sephora Outrageous Rouge Extreme Liquid lipstick. GOD. DAMN. I know liquid lipsticks are supposed to last a long time, but you should be able to see your bare lips again before going to the grave. This is a b*tch to remove. And you can’t layer it because the texture starts to get odd and clumpy on your lips – but the clumps stay there! I give them that! Them clumps hang on to your lips for dear life! So basically you have to get your lips perfectly painted in one swipe, our you’re screwed.
7. What color do you think is the most boring one? Gray.
8. What brand do you think coming out with the most boring things? Giorgio Armani. Their base products are very adored but I don’t think they’ve had a memorable collection for the past 10 years.
9. Which step in your makeup routine is the most boring one? Powdering the face. A necessary step, but time consuming and not really “fun”.
10. If you had to choose between:
- A good base and a bad eye look or
- A bad base and good eye look
which one would you choose? A good base because “a bad eye look” is just one explanation away from being “edgy and avant-gard”.