It’s been 9 months since my project pan introduction. Enough time to make a baby – not that that happened. That I know of. What I did make was some very noticeable progress on this project – I actually kept forgetting about the updates, and I’m literally writing this because I want to take the trash out and keep having these empty compacts laying around.
Now let’s move on with a brief description of the progress as I talk about my powders like bad tenants that won’t leave.
The done with
1. Diorskin Forever Extreme Control Compact Foundation in 025: there is a point where there is so little product on the sides of the pan that you ruin your brushes trying to get to it. And that point is followed by the one where you try to scrape off the sides, then accidentally flip the pan that’s already totally unglued onto your white pans, and make a total mess in the room with powder flying everywhere. This may or may not have happened. I’m DONE.
2. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Medium MAC: this was easy to finish, because it’s very powdery. What you see in the picture is the ceramic tile the powder was baked on. A cult favourite that I don’t think is worth the hype.
3. Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder – Pressed in Crystal: I tried to scrape this off as well. I really tried. But with these baked type of formulas there is a grid that has a glue underneath that get scrapped off with the rest of the powder. I ended up with a disgusting mix of hardened powder and glue – not right for consumption. It was time to retire this.
4. Chanel Vitalumière Compact Douceur Powder in 22 Beige Rosé: Finished. If you’re wondering about those last bits of powder that are sticking themselves for dear life on the sides of the pan, please refer to point no. 1 of this post.
The on their way out
5. Guerlain Les Voilettes Face Powder in 2 Clair with this one I was able to scrape off the remaining powder and put it in a small container, so that I’m able to use it as an under eye setting powder.
6. Guerlain Météorites Compact Powder in 3 Medium: I also put the remains of this in a small container but the powder did the work for me: it’s a combination of different coloured hexagons, and if you check the first post of this project, you can see they voluntarily break themselves apart. The loose version is better.
The ones that won’t quit
7. Catrice Prime and Fine Mattifying Powder Waterproof in Translucent: the pan is much bigger than in the introduction. I’m predicting this will be the next one out.
8. The Balm Sexy Mama Powder: at the time the photo was taken this was the only one I hadn’t hit pan, but was so, so close. I’ve used it only once since and hit pan! Don’t let the size fool you, this is one of those that keeps on giving.
9. elf Complexion Perfection Powder: this thing is impossible to use up. I think it regenerates itself through the night. Don’t get me wrong, I love this powder, even have a backup, it’s just that this lasts forever. I’ll be having a cyborg washing my dishes before I can use up this powder.
10. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 006 Warm Beige: I hate this. I don’t get the hype. Get’s hard pan in two seconds, that’s why it’s so hard to use up. I have to use a scratchier brush to pick up any product, which is a rough experience for my face. Still, I don’t like waste – so it will get used up.
So that’s the progress. But the actual challenge was to not buy any new powders (just powders! I wasn’t overly restrictive – am not that unrealistic) while I was using up these ten. So, did I make it? Did I buy any new powders during this time? Well, you can see for yourself.
tHE NEW Guests
Yes. Yes I did.
What did you expect?? I mentioned before, I’m a weak woman. Honestly, I’m just glad I bought slightly less than the amount I’m trying to use up – 9 new powders, total. Two were repurchases though. So maybe they shouldn’t count. Should they?
Don’t answer that.